Wednesday, January 27, 2010
Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Kampala, Uganda Vacancy - Policy Officer Education
Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands, Kampala, Uganda
Vacancy - Policy Officer Education
Our client, the Embassy of the Kingdom of the Netherlands (EKN), Kampala, Uganda is seeking to recruit a Policy Officer Education.
The position of Policy Officer Education falls under the Head of Development Cooperation.
The Policy Officer works in an education cluster that currently consists of 3 policy advisers.
Support for the primary education sub-sector constitutes an important component of the development cooperation activities of the Netherlands Embassy in Uganda.
Most of the activities are undertaken in partnership with other donors and sectoral stakeholders.
* A university degree, preferably at master level with an orientation in Development and Education
* In depth knowledge of teacher education and training
* Knowledge of curriculum and instructional materials processes
* Experience with teaching, learning and educational assessment processes
* Conversant with educational planning, implementation and monitoring
* Familiarity with management and data analysis
* Experience with project management
* Familiarity with Uganda government systems and Ugandan budgetary procedures, preferably in education, is essential
* Work and art as a focal point within the education cluster,
* Participate in sector policy dialogue at national level and ensure harmonisation of Dutch development policy on education.
* Provide technical input on education matters.
* Originate, manage and evaluate project activities and track the budget support provided to the education sector.
* Monitor & evaluate sector performance, identify bottlenecks and suggest corrective actions within Education Development Partners (EDP) as well as within the Joint Budget Support Framework.
* Initiate and harness inter-sectoral dialogue with MoLC and MOPS and with Civil Society Organisations (CSO).
* Promote CSO as well as private sector participation in educational activities at all levels.
* Represent EKN at sector meetings on education.
The Policy Officer Education is more than just a project-manager but also acts as an advising consultant.
This person is committed to the cause of empowering Ugandans through the provision of quality education; is willing to go an extra mile to achieve his/her objectives; listens to other people's voices; is present without being intrusive; creates consensus without coercing; is knowledgeable and shares knowledge spontaneously; is compassionate and mindful of people's sensitivities.
If you can meet the above qualifications and experience, please send a one page application letter, CV and contacts of 3 professional references.
Quote the above reference number on the envelope.
The closing date for the position is the 26th February, 2010.
No e-mail communication will be entertained.
Canvassing, directly or indirectly will result in disqualification.
Impact Management Consultants ltd
Tel: +256 312 280284
P.O. Box 9098
1st Street, Industrial Area, Plot 77
Mobile: 0712 530615
P.O. Box 48633 00100
Family Health International (FHI) Employment Opportunities
FHI is among the largest and most established nonprofit organizations active in international public health with a mission to improve lives worldwide through research, education, and services in family health.
We are seeking qualified Uganda nationals for an upcoming regional HIV/TB program based in Mbarara, Uganda.
1. Associate Director
The Associate Director for the HIV/TB program will be responsible for project management of a team that will design and implement activities for the HIV/TB projects.
The Deputy Chief of Party will report to the Chief of Party.
* Overall project management of a team of advisors, IT and operations staff
* Set up operational management systems and procedures for Project staff and consortium partners
* Project results reporting
* Provides technical leadership and management of the project’s technical teams.
* Supports the Chief of Party in the overall management and implementation of the program
* Masters’ degree in public health, or a related advanced degree;
* 7-10 years experience managing staff to implement large scale public health programs and setting up operational systems and procedures for HIV/TB programs
* Technical experience in areas of TB and HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment
* Developing country work experience
* Prior experience in a leadership role on USAID-funded projects
* Excellent communication skills, demonstrated leadership, and the ability to work collaboratively across management and technical disciplines.
2. Finance and Administration Director
The Finance and Administration (F&A) Director will provide financial leadership to ensure efficient oversight of financial operations, including life of project and core activity budget, and provide ongoing capacity development needs.
The F&A Director will report to the Country Director and interface with USAID/Uganda and program partners as required.
* Prepares monthly and annual financial reports, including financial status of account activities, with accompanying bank documentation and receipts.
* Interpret and apply funding regulations to ensure that all FHI policies and procedures and federal procurement and contracting requirements are met for sub-agreement and subcontracting activities.
* Maintain detailed accounting records and ensure accurate book-keeping for the project.
* Provide support with the internal audit functions, and provide responses and/or training consistent with the external audit recommendations.
* Contribute to the development and review of the FHI overall project budget and the sub-partners’ subagreement budgets.
* Maintain financial spreadsheets and databases to track sub-partner obligations and spending.
* Participate in financial analysis exercises to determine project burn rates, assess sub-partner spending, and complete the quarterly pipeline tool.
* Interface with project sub-partners on pre-award reviews, banking and reimbursement issues, and financial closeouts, including review and (as necessary) provision of guidance to correct their Recipient Monthly Financial Reports
* Participate in the preparation of monthly cash flow requests and financial reports for submission to the donor and/or FHI headquarters.
* BS/BA in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field and 9 - 11 years relevant work experience; or MBA/MS/MA/MPH and 7 - 9 years of relevant experience
* Experience with USAID-funded projects will be an added advantage
* Proven skills in management, supervision and leadership
* Knowledge of basic accounting including general ledger and automated accounting systems with the use of database spreadsheets
* Skills in interpreting financial information and analyzing financial reports.
3. Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer
The M&E Officer will provide technical leadership in M&E systems design and implementation, and develop appropriate guidelines to support USAID/Uganda and its Implementing Partners in conducting M&E and reporting results.
Additionally, the M&E Advisor will deliver M&E training, and interface with USAID/Uganda as required. The M&E Advisor will report to the Chief of Party.
* Provide hands-on M&E support to USAID/Uganda and its consortium partners
* Develop M&E tools and guidelines
* Conduct data quality assessments
* Conduct M&E capacity building training
* Coordinate data gathering and aggregation
* Analyze data and prepare sector-specific and crosscutting M&E reports
* 8+ years of experience designing and implementing M&E systems
* Significant experience working with HIV/TB programs, including HMIS. Expertise in Lot Quality Assurance Surveys an added advantage
* Experience with USAID-funded projects
* Management skills
* Proven leadership skills
* Experience with capacity building activities for M&E
* Experience with data quality assessment
FHI has a competitive compensation package and is an equal opportunity employer.
Interested candidates please submit cover letter, resume including salary requirements via email to: Fkitaka @ fhi.org or may register online through FHI’s Global Staffing Database at https://recruiting.fhi.org. or mail to:
Plot 15 Kitante Close,
P.O Box 5768 Kampala,
to be received not later than February 08, 2010.
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted.
Handwritten applications will be disqualified.
Please quote Ref Number indicated alongside the position while sending your application.
No phone calls please!
* Offers are contingent upon awarded proposal
Economic Advisor and Administrative Assistant Job Vacancies at Irish Aid
Ireland has been providing development assistance to Tanzania since 1979, and the present country strategy focuses assistance in the areas of general budget support, agriculture, health and governance.
This year Ireland’s direct bilateral assistance to Tanzania will be approx €30 million, of which around one third is general budget support (GBS).
The Economic Advisor will be required to provide technical and analytical support to the Embassy on the general budget support programme, including public financial management, and provide economic support and analysis to the other focal areas of health, agriculture and governance. The individual would join a team of six advisors.
The economist must have:
* a Master’s level education or equivalent in economics with experience working as an Economist;
* knowledge of public financial management, public expenditure reviews, fiscal decentralisation and budget support processes;
* knowledge and experience of Tanzania and how the budget works from within the government will be an added advantage, and
* excellent liaison and communication skills.
The Administrative Assistant shall report to the Head of Administration and shall be responsible for carrying out administrative duties mainly procurement, secretarial and other support as required at the Embassy.
S/he shall also provide support for the provision of day-to-day information technology requirements of the Embassy.
The Administrative Assistant must have:
* a recognised Bachelor Degree in Public/Business Administration;
* training and experience in administration and information technology;
* at least three years experience of progressively responsible clerical administrative work;
* excellent communication and networking skills, sound judgement and the ability to extract, interpret and present information and data, and
* excellent computer skills.
The Embassy will offer a comprehensive local salary reflecting the responsibilities of the posts and the successful applicants’ skills and experience.
An initial three year contract will be offered, subject to successful completion of a six month probation period.
The post will be based in the Embassy of Ireland, Dar es Salaam, but successful candidates may also be required to undertake some in-country and international travel.
Please send a cover letter and CV to Embassy of Ireland, PO Box 9612, Dar es Salaam or by email to Rita.Bowen @ dfa.ie not later than 17 February 2010 for the Economic Advisor position and to Deusdedith.Magala @ dfa.ie by 05 February 2010 for the Administrative Assistant position.
Detailed job descriptions for Economic Advisor and Administrative Assistant posts are available on request from Ms. Rita Bowen and Mr. Deusdedith Magala respectively.
Only short listed candidates will be notified.
Canvassing will disqualify.
The Embassy of Ireland is an equal opportunities employer.
Research on Poverty Alleviation (REPOA) Senior Visiting Research Fellows
REPOA is a non-profit Non Governmental Organization (NGO), registered under the laws of Tanzania with the key functions of undertaking and facilitating research as well as conducting and coordinating training and promoting dialogue and development of policy for pro-poor growth and poverty reduction.
The Vision of REPOA is to be a leading research institution in the production of knowledge to address development challenges and its overall objective is to contribute to the development of Tanzania by facilitating the creation and use of knowledge.
To achieve both the vision and overall objective, REPOA works hand in hand with various stakeholders which include; the Government of Tanzania (GoT), Civil Society Organizations (CSOs), researchers, research institutions, private sector and various International Development Partners.
The institution envisages a number of medium term goals.
Some of these include;
* To strengthen the capacity of the intellectual resource (of both the producers and users of the knowledge products),
* To undertake, facilitate and encourage strategic research, and
* To facilitate and stimulate the utilization of research findings and increase the use of evidences-based decision making.
REPOA invites applications from senior academic scholars with extensive research experience (on sabbatical or recently retired), to spend six to twelve months at the institution spearheading research in the areas of ‘Growth and Poverty’, ‘Vulnerability and Social Protection’, Climate Change, Governance, and Service Provision.
Duties and responsibilities
* Design, coordinate and undertake research, covering both theoretical, empirical and policy issues; The final work, to be published locally and internationally, will be widely disseminated.
* Facilitate seminars on mentioned research areas.
* Work with a team of researchers to build their capacity in conducting research in these areas.
Required Qualifications and Skills
* PhD in Economics or Social Sciences;
* Over six years of post PhD research experience in teaching and research specialising in economic, socioeconomic policies and development issues in least developed countries;
* Strong capabilities in quantitative analysis;
* Excellent communication skills in written and spoken English. Proven ability to share knowledge and being open to sharing experiences with others;
* A distinguished record of published work under either of these two areas, and
* An extensive professional network.
* REPOA will provide travel and an attractive living allowance.
Mode of Application
Qualified applicants are welcome to apply and should send their typed application letter, detailed CV, including two referees to the address below.
REPOA has publications and reports on these research areas within the Tanzanian context which we can provide to interested parties
Women are highly encouraged to apply.
Applications should be sent to:
The Executive Director,
Research on Poverty Alleviation
157 Migombani Street, Regent Estate
P.O. Box 33223, Dar es Salaam
Phone: (22) 2700083 / 0784 555 655
Fax: (22) 2775738
Email: repoa @ repoa.or.tz
Research on Poverty Alleviation, REPOA, undertakes and facilitates research, conducts and coordinates training, and promotes dialogue and development of policy for pro-poor growth and poverty reduction.
Capital Markets Authority: Consultancy Services for the East African ICT Impact Investing Project
EOI NO. CMA/05/2009-2010
One of the principle mandates of the Authority is the development of the venture capital and private equity markets in Kenya.
In line with this, the Minister for Finance gazetted the Capital Markets Venture Capital Companies Regulations on September 21, 2007.
The purpose of venture capital and private equity is to meet the funding needs of entrepreneurial companies that do not have the size, assets and operating histories necessary to obtain capital from the money markets.
To encourage growth of venture capital and private equity markets in Kenya and thus deepen the local and regional capital and financial markets in general, the Authority seeks to engage a consultant to carry out research and produce a detailed report that highlights the challenges faced by impact investors looking to invest in early stage ICT ventures in East Africa.
Impact investors invest in ventures where the social impact is high but the financial returns are not sufficiently high to attract market rate private risk capital.
In so doing impact investors can fill an “equity gap” and generate significant social returns.
Further, the consultant is expected to provide substantive details of the sort of impact investing opportunities that exist but are currently falling into an “equity gap” and therefore going un-funded, and propose creative solutions that might overcome these challenges over the medium to long term.
The consultant is expected to present and discuss the findings to a task force composed of local and international impact investing experts.
Objectives of the Assignment
The main objective of this consultancy is to
1. identify the impediments to socially impactful technology investments in the region
2. identify 10-15 possible technology investments that could be attractive to impact investors, and
3. to develop tangible recommendations on steps that could be taken to overcome the existing obstacles to successful impact investing and venture capital in the East African ICT sector.
We believe the achievement of these objectives will go a long way in creating successful impact investing in East Africa’s various economic sectors.
Scope of Work
The consultant(s) will be expected to;
1. Report on the concept and process of undertaking impact investing research within the region;
2. Determine the challenges faced by impact investors looking to invest in early stage ICT ventures in East Africa;
3. Provide substantive details of the sort of impact investing opportunities that exist but are currently falling into an “equity gap” and therefore going unfunded;
4. Propose creative solutions that might overcome these challenges over the medium to long term.
5. Prepare, summarize and disseminate the findings along with clear implementation plan/ matrix with timeframes and discuss them with a panel of experts composed of both local and international professionals.
6. Discuss the findings in a stakeholder’s forum and consider the various views for incorporation into the report and/ or implementation matrix.
The Capital markets Authority (CMA) now invites interested eligible individuals (or teams of individuals) to express their interest on the above assignment.
Interested persons must meet the following minimum criteria:-
1. Demonstrated ability and capacity to undertake the assignment. This should include relevant documentary evidence of past similar accomplishments with appropriate references including client list.
2. Knowledge of the financial services sector with expertise in finance, business planning, and financial deal structuring
3. Experience in facilitating complex meetings with senior level stakeholders for effective resolutions.
Interested persons should:
1. Submit detailed individual profile
2. Submit copies of Registration and Tax compliance certificates
3. Provide physical address
Shortlisted persons will be issued with a request for Proposal (RFP) document with specific terms of reference.
Completed expression of interest documents in plain sealed envelopes clearly marked on top with the name of this consultancy should be addressed to:-
The Chief Executive,
Capital Markets Authority,
Ref: EOI for IIP
P.O Box 74800 – 00200,
Email: corporate @ cma.or.ke
And must be deposited in the Tender Box clearly marked at the 5th floor, Kenya Reinsurance Plaza Building, Taifa Road, Nairobi so as to be received on or before 3 February, 2010 at 11.00 A.M
Nile Basin Initiative - Nile Equatorial Lakes Subsidiary Action Programme Job: Social Development Officer
The Nile Basin Initiative:
The Nile Basin Initiative (NBI) is a partnership of the riparian states of the Nile Basin. The NBI began with a participatory process of dialogue among the riparian states that resulted in the agreement on a shared vision: to "achieve sustainable socio-economic development through the equitable utilization of, and benefit from, the common Nile Basin water resources".
A Strategic Action Program was developed to translate the vision into concrete activities and projects. The Strategic action Program is divided into two major components: the basin-wide Shared Vision Program to build confidence and capacity across the basin, and the Subsidiary Action Programs to initiate concrete investments and action on the ground at sub-basin levels.
The Nile Equatorial Lakes Subsidiary Program (NELSAP):
The countries of the Nile Equatorial Lakes Subsidiary Action Program - Burundi, D.R. Congo, Egypt, Kenya, Rwanda, Sudan, Tanzania, and Uganda - seek to achieve joint action on the ground through cooperative investments that promote poverty alleviation, economic growth, and the reversal of environmental degradation in the sub-basin.
A small NELSAP-Coordination Unit (NELSAP-CU) based in Kigali, Rwanda, in collaboration with the NBI-Secretariat in Entebbe, Uganda, coordinates and facilitates the activities of the program. The NELSAP countries, and especially Rwanda, Burundi and D.R Congo, have integrated efforts to address post conflict challenges in their PRSPs, and are seeking to achieve lasting peace in addition to advancing regional integration through private sector led development.
The NBI Shared Vision Program:
The Nile Basin Initiative (NBI) is a regional partnership, among the basin states of the Nile, which provides a forum for cooperative development of the water resources of the Nile River.
The Shared Vision Program 4SVP), one of the two major Programs within the Nile Basin, is a basin wide, grant funding of collaborative action, exchange of information and training.
SVP includes eight projects, seven of these are thematic projects related to environment, power trade, agriculture, water resources planning and management, applied training, confidence building and stakeholder involvement, and benefit sharing.
SVP is executed by the Secretariat of the Nile Basin (Nile-Sec) on behalf of the Nile Council of Ministers (Nile-COM). An eighth project which provides a coordinating role among the various SVP projects is located at the Nile Basin Initiative Secretariat (Nile-Sec).
Position: Social Development Officer
The Social Development Specialist position is one of several which support the core operational work of the NELSAP.
The Social Development Specialist provides the basic sector and technical expertise specifically on social development issues in the institution, and incumbents contribute to the design and implementation of regional and country-specific sector strategies.
The Specialist performs technical analyses of social or community development operations, participate in or lead operational missions, in particular, those aspects related to social development; establish and maintain the quality of NELSAP's portfolio; provide technical advice to clients and other NELSAP's Units/programs/projects on key social issues, including approaches for dealing with vulnerable groups, gender, youth and other issues; and coordinate consultations with stakeholders and facilitate the dissemination of best practices in design and implementation of social development.
The Specialist will focus on Social Development inputs to regional multi-sector investment projects of the Nile Equatorial Lakes Program (NELSAP) covering DRC, Egypt, Burundi, Rwanda, Kenya, Sudan, Tanzania and Uganda headquartered in Kigali, Rwanda.
The Social Development Specialist will be based in Kigali, Rwanda, but will travel extensively within the NEL Region.
She/he will, among others, will take responsibility and provide senior technical expertise and leadership for the inclusion of relevant social and gender analysis in the NELSAP activities.
Duration and Nature of Appointment
The initial appointment will be for 1 year with a 6-month probation period.
Based on performance, the appointment can be extended on a one-year basis through the completion of the NELSAP-ISP project.
How to apply
Prospective candidates are required to read the detailed qualification requirements, terms of reference for the job and selection criteria from the Nile Basin Website at: www.nilebasin.org or http://nelsap.nilebasin.org before submitting their applications.
Interested applicants are invited to submit a cover letter and CV including date of birth and nationality to the Regional Coordinator, NELSAP Coordination Unit, Kigali-Rwanda by Monday, February 24th , 2010 to email: nelcuvacancy @ nilebasin.org copied to nelcu @ nilebasin.org quoting the job title.
Please note that:
* The shortlist will not contain more than two candidates from any one country
* Applications received after the closing date will not be considered
* Only those candidates that are short-listed for interviews will be notified
* Regional balance in job distribution between the NELSAP member countries will be considered without necessarily compromising merit.
* Nile Basin Initiative is an equal opportunity employer.
* Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
SACCO Accountant/Administrative Officer Job Vacancy
Reports to: Central Management Committee
* The Accountant and Administrative officer manages the Saccos day-to-day activities in collaboration with the SACCO CMC
Required Skills and qualifications
* Bachelors Degree in Commerce-Accounting or Diploma in Cooperative Management and Certified Public Accountant part II
* Three years minimum experience with a busy SACCO
* Fluent in English and Kiswahili with excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
* Computer skills (MS Word, Excel); experience with loan tracking software a plus.
Applications to be sent to the following email address: sacco.accountant @ gmail.com no later than 29th January 2010.
Availability is immediate and only short listed candidates will be contacted.
Email this • Share on Facebook • Technorati Links
Posted by jobsinkenya at 9:43 AM 0 comments
Labels: Accounting and Finance, Office Administration
County Council of Kwale Employment Opportunity
1. Information Technology Officer
(Salary Scale 10)
* Overseas the daily performance of computer systems within the Council.
* Assist assigned users in use of computer softwares, including standard office software, website and electronic mails.
* Identify and resolve computer operations problems and network configurations.
* Perform other responsibilities in line with the above position
* A C+ (plus) and above in "0" level
* A minimum of a diploma in information Technology from a reputable institutions
* Good knowledge in windows Server, Microsoft Office suits and active directory: Knowledge of Local Authority Intergrated Financial Operations Management Systems (LAIFORMS) will be an added advantage
* Experience in computer programming, networking, set up of computer hardware and software
* Ability to provide IT training individually and in group based setting.
* Highly motivated, dedicated and a team player. At least three years experience in similar position in a reputable organisation
* Age limit 21 to 35 years
The successful candidate will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms and a house allowance of KSH. 12,000.00
Procurement Supplies Officer
* To ensure procurement of goods and services is done as per the Public Procurement and disposal Act and regulation.
* To ensure proper management of the Council stores and up to date records are maintained
* To advise the Council on matters relating to tenders and maintaining proper records of the tenders.
* To assist the Council on matters of planning on all Procurement issues as required by the Procurement Act.
* C+ OR Div II and above
* A Diploma or Advanced Certificate in Supplies Management from a recognized institution
* At least 3 years experience in related fields.
* Age limit 35 years and above
Market Inspector I/Market Masters
* To be incharge of all Council Markets
* Overseeing of revenue collection from Council Markets including plot rents.
* C+ and above
* A Diploma or CPA II from a recognized institution
* At least 3 years experience in the same field.
* Age limit 30 years and above
The successful candidate will be employed on permanent and pensionable terms and a house allowance of KSH. 12,000.00
Applicants should send a hand written application letter, CV photocopies of certificates and testimonials and day telephone number to the address below, so as to reach him not later than 10th February,2010.
County Council of Kwale
P.O Box 4
Commissioner General (CG) Job: Revenue Authority of Burundi
Exciting Career Opportunity
Senior Executive Position in East Africa
The Burundi Ministry of Finance on behalf of the Government of Burundi is establishing, a new semi-autonomous Office Burundais Des Recettes (OBR) / Revenue Authority of Burundi commencing its initial start-up operations in early 2010 with the support of the UK, Belgium and the World Bank.
In order to ensure that the OBR delivers on its mandate, our clients are seeking to recruit a high calibre, results oriented and self driven professional who will be employed by the Government of Burundi to provide leadership and strategic direction in the position of Commissioner General (CG).
The CG will be a member of the OBR Board reporting to the Chairperson. The establishment of the OBR will support and develop an effective fiscal administration in Burundi in line with the tax, VAT and customs reforms that are currently being implemented, including trade reforms to support Burundi's recent membership of the East African Community.
The ideal candidate will possess a minimum of a Masters Degree and/or professional accounting qualification with at least 15 years senior revenue management experience.
S/he must have a proven track record of reform with major improvements in overall revenue gains with hands-on experience of working in an emerging economy and providing leadership to a diverse professional team across all the revenue disciplines.
The successful candidate must be fluent in French and have a working ability in English.
In accordance with the OBR Law, international expatriate experts only are invited to apply for the position of CG for the initial four year term, with a possibility of one extension period.
This is a challenging and extremely exciting opportunity to establish a revenue authority with a lasting impact. The OBR is an equal opportunities employer and offers an excellent package to attract the right candidate, including resettlement provision to live in Bujumbura.
A detailed job description can be accessed on www.eastafrica.kpmg.com.
If your career aspirations match this exciting opportunity, please write in confidence quoting the reference number on the cover letter on or before Monday, 15 February 2010.
Applications including your curriculum vitae, a working e-mail address, daytime telephone contacts, qualifications, experience, present position, current remuneration, names and addresses of three referees should be sent electronically in PDF file format to:
Executive Selection Division,
KPMG East Africa,
E-mail: esdtmea @ kpmg.co.ke
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Nairobi Restaurant Jobs
A well established restaurant based in Nairobi is calling for applications for the following positions
* Assistant Chef
* Internal Auditor
* Head of Stores
Ideal Candidate should be aged 35 yrs, have a Diploma and minimum of 5 years in a related field.
Applications should be addressed to
P.O Box 16647-00620,
Not later than 29th January 2010
Employment Opportunities at Nimule Resorts (Juba) Southern Sudan
Nimule Resorts (Juba) wishes to recruit qualified staff in the following areas:
* Souse Chef
* Housekeeping supervisor
* Receptionist/ Reservationist
* Indian Chef North/South Dishes
Applicants must be holders of Kenya Utalii college certificate or Diploma from recognized institutions.
In addition the applicant must have at least three (3) years working experience in 4 star hotels and above.
Attractive remuneration packages for the above positions will be negotiated with successful candidates.
If you meet the requirements and are self driven, proactive with an eye to details and up to the challenge, please submit your CV and application letter via email to: kibet.patrick @ gmail.com to reach him on or before 25th January 2010.
Email this • Share on Facebook • Technorati Links
Posted by jobsinkenya at 9:31 AM 0 comments
Labels: Chef, Hospitality, Housekeeping and Laundry, Office Administration
Academic Staff Exchange Programme within Members of the Inter University Council for East Africa.
The Inter-University Council for East Africa is pleased to announce to member universities in the Republic of Burundi, Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania and Uganda, that with assistance of DAAD and governments of the Partner States of the East African Community, limited funds are available to sponsor exchange of teaching staff among them.
The objective of the programme:
The objectives of the programme are to promote the visiting of academic staff between and among IUCEA member universities for the purpose of teaching, research, graduate supervision and external examination.
* IUCEA member universities of any category of membership (full or associate) who are in good standing with regards to payment of their annual subscriptions.
Participants in this programme shall be lecturers with at least 5 years experience and shall be holders of the PhD degree.
However, lecturers in the Performing and Fine Arts, Medicine or Veterinary Medicine who possess academic qualifications up to Master's degree may also apply.
External examiners must have reached the level of Senior Lecturer in their home universities.
Ideally, the Visiting lecturer should plan to teach at a member University outside his/her country within any other Partner State of the East African Community.
The visiting lecturer may stay away from home institution for a period ranging from two weeks to a full semester (14 weeks).
External examiners will be expected to complete their assignments in one week.
IUCEA will provide ground and air transport as needed.
Where air transport is needed IUCEA provide economy class air ticket to the applicant and a monthly honorarium of up to $1,700.
The external examiners shall be given travel support as above plus an honorarium of US$ 500 for the visit.
Obligation of Home/Host Institution
The home institution of the visiting lecturer shall maintain the payment of his/her salary and benefits for the duration of his/her absence for the purpose of the exchange mission.
The host institution shall cater for the local expenses of the visiting lecturer including lodging, board and local transportation during his or her stay at the institution.
Prospective exchange lecturers must be nominated by any member university that needs their services.
The head of department of the host institution shall apply through the faculty of Dean (on behalf of the Vice Chancellor) for the services of a Visiting lecturer in writing to the Executive Secretary of the Inter-University Council for East Africa.
The nomination letter should be submitted together with a duly completed and endorsed application form, curriculum vitae of the prospective exchange lecturer and a release letter from the host university.
Deadline for nominations: .
The deadline for nominations for the year 2010/2011 should be completed by February 19, 2010.
The Executive Secretary
The Inter University Council for East Africa
East African Development Bank Building
3rd Floor, Plot 4 Nile Avenue
P O Box 7110
Email: exsec @ iucea.org
Business Analyst Job Vacancy: Voxiva
Job Title: Business Analyst
Department: Business Analysts, Operations
Regional Group: Africa
Location: Kenya, Rwanda, Tanzania
Contract Term: Full time Contractor/Employment
Voxiva, a leading global service provider of practical information solutions to strengthen public health and safety systems, seeks an energetic Business Analyst to fill a critical role bridging system design and delivery efforts between its internal teams and its clients.
As a member of the Operations Team, the Analyst will largely provide functional support for various applications by serving as the main liaison between business users and technical teams to identify analyze and translate business needs into system specifications utilizing his/her experience in enterprise-wide requirements definition and management systems and methodologies.
Reporting to the Business Analyst Manager this position requires both a focus on understanding client’s needs and the skill to translate those into working configurations in line with an existing solution framework.
Key Selection Criteria
* A minimum of 3-5 years in a business analyst or consulting environment, preferably within roles responsible for client-facing requirements gathering, business analysis, project management and/or coordination dealing with the design and development of web-based information solutions.
* 3+ years direct experience conducting process analysis, requirements definition, use case analysis, and implementation/deployment management.
* Strong analytical and product management skills required, including a thorough understanding of interpreting customer business needs and translating them into application and operational requirements.
* Experience in designing and/or supporting solutions for low-resource environments.
* Familiarity with telephony IVR applications is desirable.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a culturally diverse group of clients and internal staff to include executives, managers, subject matter experts and software developers and engineers.
* Fluent in English and local language is a plus.
* Willingness and flexibility to travel internationally extensively for either short or long term assignments.
* Experience in general public health, epidemiology and international development sectors is desirable.
* Bachelor’s Degree required; Master’s Degree or Doctorate a plus.
Please send a cover letter and a comprehensive curriculum vitae to: careers @ voxiva.com.
Please enter Business Analyst in the subject line.
Deadline for CV submission is 5th February 2010.
Senior Technical Officer-Monitoring & Evaluation, Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) Program Job
Family Health International (FHI) is a non-profit organization dedicated to improving lives, knowledge, and understanding worldwide through a highly diversified program of research, education, and services in HIV/AIDS prevention, care and treatment, reproductive health, and infectious diseases.
We are seeking qualified Tanzanian National candidates for the following position:
Senior Technical Officer-Monitoring & Evaluation, Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) Program
The STO M&E will provide technical leadership by designing and developing monitoring and evaluation (M&E) systems and procedures for the USAID-funded Coordinated Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) Care Program.
This includes establishing an M&E system for data collecting, analyzing, and reporting on key process, outcome and impact indicators for the program.
S/he will work closely with the project team at FHI.
Additionally, s/he will ensure compatibility and coordination with the existing FHI Tanzania M&E framework.
* Provide technical oversight for design, development, planning, implementation and capacity-building of M&E components of the program.
* Develop a Performance Monitoring Plan (PMP) for the program and ensure it is utilized in developing M&E systems for the program.
* Manage and assist the program in data collection, verification, analysis and report writing.
* Participate in resource development and other writing on assigned area activities
* Conduct analysis of program implementation to identify areas of weakness or opportunity vis a vis the appropriate M&E strategy and guidelines.
* Analyze data sets and technical assessment findings.
* Provide leadership and team building at the project level.
* BS/BA in public health or related field, and 7-9 years relevant experience in HIV/AIDS, child survival or family planning with international development programs, or MS/MA/MPH in public health or related field, and 5 - 7 years relevant experience or PhD, MD or similar degree with 3 - 5 years relevant experience .
* Has sensitivity to cultural diversity and understanding of the political and ethical issues in
* Can interpret data and draw appropriate conclusions about their significance and relevance to public health.
* Is familiar with donor-funded programs and communication styles. Experience with USAID-funded program a plus.
* Has relevant computer software skills
* Ability to travel domestically and/or internationally at least 25%.
Interested candidates should send Application letters, Photocopies of Academic Certificates, detailed Curriculum Vitae (with three references including addresses, telephone numbers and e mail addresses) to:
Attention: Human Resources Department,
Family Health International
Dar es Salaam
And/Or Email to: tz-recruitment @ fhi.org or may register online through FHI’s Global Staffing Database at https://recruiting.fhi.org.
To be delivered at FHI offices before 17.00 hours, February 1, 2010.
Please note: Phone calls will not be entertained and only candidates meeting the minimum requirements will be considered.
Email this • Share on Facebook • Technorati Links
Posted by jobsinkenya at 8:59 AM 0 comments
Labels: Health and Medical Services, NGO and UN Jobs
Required Automobile Mechanic / Foreman
Overhauling Engines / Gearbox / Diff. All Other Related Work In Heavy Vehicle/ Mercedes Benz Trucks 1924 And All Types / Actros 1840 / 1835 / Renault 385 / Big Generators Tata Trucks , All Type, Small Cars Toyota / Mitsubishi all types.
Mbale Soap Works Itd
P.O.Box 2307 Mbale-Uganda
- 250 -772-462242
- 250 -454 -435148
Programme Officer Job Vacancy
Our Client is a local faith based Non Governmental Organization with operations around Kajiado North area in the suburbs of Nairobi.
The thematic area of focus is HIV/AIDS with a bias towards supporting women and children.
The position is responsible for the prudent management of the programme’s work which is consistent with the strategic direction of the organization, delivering specific objectives and making a significant contribution to the development and articulation of the programmes, championing learning and sharing with colleagues internally and externally and ensuring that the programme has adequate resources to deliver to an appropriate quality and achieve defined influencing targets. The right candidate must be a born-again Christian.
1. Major Duties and Responsibilities:
Strategic Direction and Policy Influencing
* To address all programme strategy objectives that address clearly articulated problems and issues which have significant impact on poverty reduction.
* To develop programme and project hypotheses that contributes to the understanding and resolution of identified problems/issues in sync with the organization’s strategic direction.
* To develop, and influencing strategy, sets out how knowledge and information accrued will be utilized to achieve desired impacts
* To take lead in synthesizing the contribution that the programme is making to the organization growth and development.
Programme Planning and Management
* To develop new work towards the programme strategic goals and direction consistent with the established and recognized procedures regarding approaches and methodologies.
* To oversee project work-plans, including activity descriptions and timeliness as well as quality.
* To track projects’ progress and make alterations (in consultation with social workers) and the management team where necessary to enhance delivery.
* To mentor the development and maintenance of good relations with beneficiaries, partners and donors.
* To identify and develop new project ideas and strategic opportunities leading to the development of funding proposals
* To keep abreast of new or shifting specialist knowledge and paradigms (technological, methodological or developmental) that relate to programme work; and share the same with programme team and the organization as a whole.
Fundraising, Financial and Asset Management
* To ensure that programmes have adequate funding to implement a portfolio of strategically coherent projects within the region
* To proactively scout for new funding avenues; help in preparing and submitting proposals in liaison with appropriate units within the organization.
* To keep track on project spend and advise project managers accordingly.
* To be ultimately responsible for the financial performance of all work within the programme.
Quality Assurance and Knowledge Management
* To ensure all projects within the programme are designed and implemented to the highest standards possible and in line with the organization’s strategy, guidelines and protocols.
* To ensure quality assurance in all aspects of programme work.
* To ensure all projects are providing learning outputs to the organization.
* To encourage lesson-learning and experience sharing within the programme unit and across the organization
Representation and Networking
* To develop and maintain a network of peers and professional contacts within and outside the organization for exchange of ideas and information in general.
* To represent the organization in professional forums and actively seek avenues for sharing the organization’s experiences and lessons learnt in programmes.
Monitoring and Evaluation
* Develop framework/methodologies for impact monitoring and assessment.
* Manage the monitoring, evaluation and reporting functions of the organizations’ activities and assess M&E reports, managing the standards and quality criteria for reporting system both internally and externally.
* Set up an implementation system for guiding project planning, monitoring and evaluation within a development context.
* Develop, maintain and manage appropriate database systems for monitoring and evaluation.
* Ensure compliance and meeting deadlines for reporting.
* Disseminate and use evaluation findings and follow-up implementation of evaluation recommendations.
2. Other Duties
* Participate in the morning devotions with the staff members and beneficiaries.
* Coordinate the programme staff meetings.
* Oversee the day to day programme related activities at the centre.
* Perform any other duties as assigned from time to time.
(The knowledge, skills and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training)
* Bachelor’s degree in social or Community development studies.
* Specialized Training/Professional Qualifications
* Post graduate diploma in community work
* Advanced training in governance, leadership and management
* Training in planning, monitoring and evaluation
* Training in financial management
4. Requisite Competencies
* Thorough knowledge of community development and social work
* Knowledge of policy influencing and advocacy
* Excellent writing and reporting skills
* Good Knowledge and understanding of development issues affecting local communities.
* Ability to think strategically and operate under pressure
* Good communication skills and fluent in both written and spoken English and Kiswahili
* Ability to work with minimal supervision and portray good management/coordination acumen.
* Current knowledge on HIV/AIDS and best practices
* Basic counseling skills
* Experience in various management roles: including budgetary control and planning.
* Computer literate, in particular knowledgeable in Word processing and spread sheets
* Ability to work in a team
* Ability to pay attention to detail and report accurately.
* Self driven individual who is diligent, honest, disciplined and responsible
* Demonstrate good leadership skills with the ability to work under no supervision.
* A love for community and a heart to serve are critical for this position
5. Relevant Job Experience
* Over three (3) years relevant experience working in a community development programme two (2) of which should have been in a management position.
6. Contacts Arising From the Job
(List contacts which exert significant influence on the work of the jobholder)
Within the Organization
* All staff
Outside the Organization
3. Collaborating agencies.
5. Government agencies.
6. Community leaders
7. General public.
7. Authority/Decision Making
The position makes recommendations to the Senior Programs officer on issues that relate to the programme management and operations.
8. Special Working Conditions
* Occasionally works long hours and attends meetings in the evenings and outside the normal working area.
If you meet the above criteria, and would like to be a part of the team, please send an application with a detailed C.V stating the position you are applying for, your experience, present employer, present position, current remuneration, testimony in Jesus, list of at least 3 referees, day-time telephone numbers and email address to :- jobs @ truenorthcareermap.com on or before Friday, January 29th, 2010.
Only short listed candidates will be acknowledged